Check out this link: https://www.census.gov/econ/smallbus.html
Look at that band of companies with 100-500 employees… As a rule of thumb, an average company generates about 100k / employee, at least they did when Scott went to business school in 2002. There are 90 friggin thousand companies in the US with 10M-50M in revenue.
These companies can afford to pay you 5k+/month for a service that matters to them. Most of these companies don’t have the resources or expertise to implement tactics we all know about to drive their sales. Think about it: you can take stuff you already know, and help a few of these guys increase their sales, and get paid A LOT…
In this episode Brecht and Scott give updates on their businesses, and talk about finding high paying service / product opportunities, and also wonder, why aren’t we doing this right now?!?
- Daniel Herken’s trip around the world on a motorcycle
- PSD –> HTML checker pluging for Chrome: PerfectPixel by WellDoneCode (Thanks Ivan Lopez!)
- Personal time tracking – Time Cop
- Brecht’s article: How to Stop a WordPress XMLRPC.php Attack and Still Use Jetpack
- Elastic Search
- Patio11’s Kalzumeus podcast on selling high value products and services
- Peter Shallard – How to Rejuvenate Motivation When You’re Tapped Dry
Latest posts by Scott Yewell (see all)
- Episode 117: Why Are You Setting Goals - December 18, 2015
- Episode 116: ‘Tis the Season – To Dump Clients & Remove You From My List - December 11, 2015
- Episode 113: $180k in Leads, EOY Planning, and Automating Your Client Updates - November 20, 2015